Goat milk is as close to a perfect food as possible in nature. Its chemical structure is amazingly similar to mother's milk. It is a complete protein containing all the essential amino acids without the heavy fat content and catarrh producing materials of cow's milk.
If you have been around farms, you would notice goats are much more flexible and limber than cows. They can climb and do things that are beautiful to watch. I have seen goats get on the roofs of barns and houses and wondered how it was possible. the reason for this is that goats are a bioorganic sodium animal, while cows are a calcium animal.
All the said goat benefits still hold true today and just like the old times a lot of people are into goat farming to raise goat meat and milk. However, if the two industries will be compared, raising goats milk is still behind goat meat farming in terms of popularity but it is currently a steadily growing venture because of the following health benefits that could be derived from consuming goats milk:
1) Goats milk is low in fat and extremely nutritious even when compared with other milk varieties as it has high levels of:
a. Calcium - needed to keep the bones strong, prevent bone loss due to menopause or rheumatoid arthritis, and prevent the occurrence of migraine headaches and contribute to the reduction of symptoms of PMS during the second half of the menstrual cycle.
b. Protein - needed to repair damage tissues, provide energy to prevent fatigue, fight off illnesses and maintain health muscles.
c. Phosphorus - essential in maximizing the ability of calcium to build stronger bones and teeth, help in the proper digestion of important minerals and transmission of nerve impulses, as well as in the effective waste excretion of the kidneys.
d. Vitamin B2 - also known as Riboflavin is essential to metabolize fats, carbohydrates and proteins, for the formation and respiration of red blood cells, production of antibodies, human growth and reproduction regulation and maintenance of healthy skin, hair, nails, and overall health.
e. Potassium - important in the maintenance of normal blood pressure and proper heart function.
f. Biorganic sodium - essential mineral to prevent arthritis and digestive problems
2) Goats milk is highly digestible and less likely to cause allergic reactions than cows milk; hence, it could be taken in moderation by people who are lactose-intolerant.
3) Goats milk hastens the absorption by the body of minerals such as iron and copper particularly if the person has trouble absorbing minerals because of problems in the digestive tract.
4) Goats milk has less xanthine oxidase than cows milk, which is an enzyme that could create scar tissue on the heart when it enters the bloodstream.
5) Studies conducted on goats milk revealed that this milk variety is helpful in alleviating a number of health conditions including allergies, tuberculosis, arthritis, irritable bowel movement and ulcers.
Going through the list one could readily understand why goats milk raising is becoming a growing industry and expecialy in the Beauty industry. These are some of the products that i came across and have tried, such as cheese, butter spread, ice-cream, yogurt, bath/shower cream, soap & a fresh goat's milk mix together with my white coffee (refer the above picture). Try it and enjoy the great benefits of the goat's milk.